Re: [RT] RE: - Smart Money Dumb Money?

John, here is the code my plot was made from.  Are you running it in TS4 or
TS2000.  My plot is made with TS2000.  My Global Server time is set to Local
Time which for me is Pacific time.  To check to see if the code is doing
what it is supposed to be doing, do the calculations manually.  Take the
INDU open at 9:30AM ET and subtract from it the INDU close at 10:00AM ET.
That is the "dumbmoney".  Then take the INDU close at 15:00PM ET and
subtract it from the close at 16:00PM ET.  Then add the two differences.  My
data shows DM = 10088.71(open of the day) - 10129.93(half hour after the
open) = -41.22 and SM = 10128.68(close of day)-10090.15(one hour before the
close)=38.53.  Adding those two together gives -41.22+38.53 = -2.69 which is
what the code produces.  I can't understand why your SMDMsum is only going
in one direction if you are  getting both positive and negative totals.  I
am sure there is a better way to code this for the initialization and also
in using arrays to record the values at those specific times and then doing
the calculations.  It would be great if someone knowledgeable would give us
an example in array coding using this as an example.  Both the indicator and
summation are below.

bobr
{********Indicator SMDMsum produces a summation of the SMDM******}
{Adapted from the book "Street Smarts" by Raschke and Connors
Smart Money Index, DM = dumb money Buy/Sell in first half hour, SM = smart
money
Buy/Sell in final hour, DM1 and DM2 set the dumb money period, SM1 and SM2
set
the smart money period.  Adjust input N so that first day does not distort
the data.}

Inputs:
DM1(0630),DM2(0700),SM1(1200),SM2(1300),N(37),LenS(10),LenM(50),LenL(200);
Vars:  DM(0),SM(0),PSM(0),SMT(0),SMDMS(0),SmoothS(0),SmoothM(0),SmoothL(0);

If currentbar> maxbarsback+N then begin

If Time=DM2 then DM = (OpenD(0)-Close);

If Time=SM1 then SM=Close;

If Time=SM2 then PSM = Close-SM;

If Time=SM2 then
SMT = DM +PSM;

If Time=SM2 then
SMDMS = SMDMS[1]+SMT;
SmoothS = Average(SMDMS,LenS);
SmoothM =Average(SMDMS,LenM);
SmoothL =Average(SMDMS,LenL);
PLOT1(SMDMS,"SMDMS");
Plot2(SmoothS,"SmoothS");
Plot3(SmoothM,"SmoothM");
Plot4(SmoothL,"SmoothL");
end;
{**********SMDM***********}
Inputs: DM1(0630),DM2(0700),SM1(1200),SM2(1300),N(37);
Vars:  DM(0),SM(0),PSM(0),SMT(0);

If currentbar> maxbarsback+N then begin

If Time>=DM1 and Time <=DM2 then DM = (OpenD(0)-Close);
If Time>=DM1 and Time<=DM2 then begin
Plot1(DM,"DM");
end;

If Time=SM1 then SM=Close;
If Time>=SM1 and Time <=SM2 then PSM = Close-SM;
If Time>=SM1 and Time <=SM2 then begin
Plot2(PSM,"PSM");
end;

SMT = DM +PSM;