Re: [RT] Security Alert - Windows Critical Update Page Not Working

Jan:

Yes, the link that Mark gave was the correct link, which is
how I downloaded the patch.

What I am refering to is when you go to the Windows update
page (in IE click Help>Microsoft On the Web>Windows Update then click on
Product Update).  This is supposed to scan the entire Microsoft web site
and list Critical, etc. downloads for your specific system.  When I ran
this, it did not even indicate the Dec. 13th security patch to 5.5/6.0 Security
Patch 2.0.  As a result, I am going to start going to each individual
product section to make sure I am current on updates.

Just wanted to let others on the list know that if they run
the above Windows update page, that it may not list all of the "Critical"
updates that are available for your system.

Ed

<BLOCKQUOTE
style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px"><FONT
  size=2>

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor