[RT] DTN and TS2000

Had a little talk with a dtn tech this morning about the changes they are
making in the datafeed.  December 15/16 is their next planned activation of
the emini volume, tick correction, and whatever else.  As dtn users recall
the last time they "Beta" tested this, our CPU useage went to near max on a
dual 600mhz if the ES or NQ were being charted.  Some cpu's may have hung
up.  Closing those charts and maybe radar screen dropped the cpu useage back
to normal and the server collected the data OK I think.  Problem is even if
Omega provides a service pack for this, TS2000/DTN may still be doomed in
the long run.  The reason is dtn is going to make additional changes that
may overload the RS232 ports creating tickloss and only software that is
ethernet compatible will be able to keep up with the feed.  I don't
particularly want to give up the dtn feed since it has so much on it in the
way of statistics.  Has anyone found a NIC/Comport emulator?  Seems like I
ran across something like this the other day in some software and can't
recall where.  But maybe even that wouldn't work with the Global Server.

bobr

Universal Inkjet Refill Kit $29.95
Refill any ink cartridge for less!
Includes black and color ink.