[RT] Re: off topic: win 2000 backup restore

Chris,
  Try these from MS site:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/planning/incremental/man
agedisks.asp

Are you backing up data, or making a mirror image of the drive?
If backing up data, you still have to have the OS installed on the
drive to restore data.

Ray

> --- In realtraders@xxxx, "Chris Cheatham" <chrischeatham@xxxx>
wrote:
> > I am stumped...trying to replace the NTFS hard drive that holds
> win2000
> > system files.  Backed up and restored twice to two different
media,
> and all
> > of the win2000 files don't seem to get copied.  Get error
messages
> when I
> > try to boot off the new drive...files missing from \sys32\, then
> fix that
> > and more pop up.  Backup/restore using the win2000 file manager
> utility.
> > old drive started grinding every now and then but has not made
any
> data
> > errors that I have seen.
> >
> > Am I missing something?  Is there a better way?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Chris

Universal Inkjet Refill Kit $29.95
Refill any ink cartridge for less!