  To: <A title=realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="mailto:realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";>realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2001 3:44
  AM
  Subject: Re: [RT] Outlook settings to
  help prevent virus from loading

  Are you saying this patch will protect Outlook express users from
  theBadTrans virus? (assuming they only preview the email & dont click
  on theattachment).   As many have have found out
  recently..you dont have to open theattachment on an infected (BadTrans)
  email...viewing only in the previewpane is sufficent to become infected.
  (I got hit & I was running UpdatedMcAfferty's
  software)
<BLOCKQUOTE
style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000080 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  Were you really up to date????????  McAfee has had this
  virus in their database since April:  <A
  href="http://vil.mcafee.com/dispVirus.asp?virus_k=99069";>http://vil.mcafee.com/dispVirus.asp?virus_k=99069&;

  And according to Symantec:  <A
  href="http://www.sarc.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.badtrans.b@xxxxxxx";>http://www.sarc.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.badtrans.b@xxxxxxx

  Regards,
  Mike

  If the patch will do that , then it is worth downloading
  imo.Michael----- Original Message -----From: "Conrad Bowers"
  <cpbow@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>To:
  <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2001 2:31
  PMSubject: Re: [RT] Outlook settings to help prevent virus from
  will not help withthe> current virus.  Further it may run even
  in the preview pane, in unpatched> OE.  You need a patch found
  at><A
  href="http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/downloads/critical/q290108/default.asp,";>http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/downloads/critical/q290108/default.asp,>
  or to download service-pack 2 for OE5.5.>> The high security
  settings are a good idea for other reasons, because they> keep scripts
  and other baddies from running in your email.  One website>
  further recommends to go, in addition to choosing high security or>
  restricted site for email, that you go into "custom" for the
  restricted> zone, and disable everything (scripts, etc.).  You
  choose the> highsec/restricted zone in OE, you modify the settings for
  this zone inIE.>> Finally, windows comes defaulted to not
  show file extensions I believe.If> that is still the setting, you
  won't see the double extension that a lotof> these viruses
  use.>> Conrad Bowers>>>> -----
  Original Message -----> From: "Earl Adamy"
  <eadamy@xxxxxxxxxx>> To:
  <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> Sent: Monday, November 26, 2001
  9:11 PM> Subject: Re: [RT] Outlook settings to help prevent virus from
  "upgrading" to IE/OE 6 because I amloathe> to> > have
  more of Microsoft's "improved marketing" garbage hosted on
  mymachine> > ... they will have to drag me screaming to
  "upgrade" from W2000 to WXP.It> > really pisses me off that the
  IE/OE 5.5 critical updates remove myGoogle> > search settings
  replacing them with MS searches not to mention other> changes>
  > MS makes. At any rate, I seem to be safe for the time being.>
  >> > Earl> >> > ----- Original Message
  -----> > From: "Steve" <gts@xxxxxx>> > To:
  <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> > Sent: Monday, November 26,
  2001 6:45 PM> > Subject: Re: [RT] Outlook settings to help prevent
  virus from loading> >> >> > Earl, top download
  from Microsoft IE 6> > <A
  href="http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/search.asp?";>http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/search.asp?>
  -- Plato> >> >> >   ----- Original
  Message -----> >   From: Earl Adamy>
  Sent: Monday, November 26, 2001 8:27 PM> >   Subject: Re:
  [RT] Outlook settings to help prevent virus from loading> >>
  >> >   Does not look like the settings for OE
  5.50.4807.1700 which is the> latest> >   version of
  OE 5.5 with all updates applied.> >> >
  -----> >   From: "Steve" <gts@xxxxxx>>
  <wheelsinthesky@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>;> >
  <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; <enthios@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
  >   Sent: Monday, November 26, 2001 5:20 PM>
  >   Subject: [RT] Outlook settings to help prevent virus from
  these settings in outlook express to block viruses from loading>
  >   automatically!> >   I use McAfee online
  and it never alerted me of a virus - probably> because> >
  it> >   never was executed due to my outlook
  settings.> >> >   I hope this helps>
  >> >   Steve> >> >>

  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor>

  ADVERTISEMENT> >> >> >> >>
  >   To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:>
  >   realtraders-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> >>
  subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.> >> >>
  send an email to:> > realtraders-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  subject to<A
  href="http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/";>http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>
  href="http://mail.yahoo.com";>http://mail.yahoo.com To