and found nothing. How do you know you are clean

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Don Ewers
  [mailto:dbewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Monday, November 26, 2001 8:18
  PMTo: realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re: [RT] VIRUS
  WARNINGEarl my OE5 does not have your options (see
  gif)? What level are you using?(included this time)don
  ewers----- Original Message -----From: "Earl Adamy"
  <eadamy@xxxxxxxxxx>To: <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>Sent:
  Monday, November 26, 2001 6:54 PMSubject: Re: [RT] VIRUS
  WARNING> Yes, it worked, the save/open dialog gave me an
  opportunity to avoid the> virus when I selected the message in the
  preview pane. I will add that> IE5>Tools>Options>Security:
  "Internet" is set to Medium. Also, my Critical> Updates are kept
  current and I have the MS Critical Update Notification> installed on
  all computers.>> Earl>> ----- Original Message
  -----> From: "Don Ewers" <dbewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> To:
  <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> Sent: Monday, November 26, 2001
  3:19 PM> Subject: Re: [RT] VIRUS WARNING>>> >
  Peter, et all> > Thanks for the "House Call" site.
  Interestingly when I went there and> > scanned my computer nothing
  was found too?> >> > I then read the file under the "Virus
  Info tab" for the "WORM_BADTRANS.B> > (click on it) and did the
  search they recommended under the solution (I> > could not get
  %System%\CP_25389.NLS to run but just CP_25389>NLS didfind>
  a> > file).  I deleted it as instructed, as well as the file
  under regeditthey> > recommend then restarted the
  computer.> >> > I then went back in and ran the free scan
  and "this time" five> WORM_BADTRAN> > files were found which
  I deleted (not sure why they did not show thefirst> > time,
  perhaps the NLS file covers them up)?> >> > It now says I
  am Virus free.  I like Earl do not run anti-virus software>
  due> > to the problems I have had with it slowing down the PC's
  substantially.I> > too am extremely carefull about what I
  open.  As mentioned on the yahoo> post> > on this worm
  it opens itself.  I did however discover my OE5 was "not"set>
  > to the highest setting under Tool >Option>Security as I thought it
  wasand> > that has been corrected (Earl's advice several times
  to this list) which> he> > feels would have stopped it I
  believe (correct me if I am wrong Earl, it> did> > stop it on
  yours)?> >> > It might be helpful if all on the list
  search for the above file and if> > found go through the process or
  update their virus software.> >> > One other note, Lee
  the  !0000 did not stop the spread, I understand, so> not>
  > a cure-all?> >> > My guess it came from that early
  email BL and Clyde saw a virus on?> Problem> > being there is
  no way to delete it since it opens as soon as the message> is>
  > tabbed down to.> > don ewers> >> > -----
  Original Message -----> > From: "Peter Gialames"
  <investor@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> > To:
  <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> > Sent: Monday, November 26,
  2001 1:49 PM> > Subject: RE: [RT] VIRUS WARNING> >>
  based).  I have used it,> but> > > have never found
  any viruses (good for me - bad for the program if I> > > actually
  do have a virus).> > >> > > Also, Script Sentry does
  a good job of intercepting rogue> > >
  scripts/applications/macros.  It actually just intercepted an
  emailfrom> > > this list sent to me privately.> >
  -----Original Message-----> > > From: Michael Ferguson
  [mailto:wl7bdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]> > > Sent: Monday, November 26,
  2001 2:43 PM> > > To: realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> >
  > Subject: Re: [RT] VIRUS WARNING> > >> >
  is that site? I am a little nervous about clicking> something>
  > > that looks so unusual.> > >> > >
  Message -----> > > From: "Peter Gialames"
  <investor@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> > > To:
  <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> > > Sent: Monday, November
  26, 2001 13:32> > > Subject: RE: [RT] VIRUS WARNING> >
  href="http://housecall.antivirus.com/housecall/start_pcc.asp";>http://housecall.antivirus.com/housecall/start_pcc.asp
  will help.> > > >> > > > Peter
  Message-----> > > > From: Don Ewers
  [mailto:dbewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]> > > > Sent: Monday, November
  26, 2001 2:15 PM> > > > To:
  realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> > > > Subject: Re: [RT] VIRUS
  WARNING> > > >> > > >> > > > I
  think those that have used that trick in your address book !0000as>
  > the> > > > first email address keeps it from spreading ,
  but it still resideson> > our> > > >
  computers?> > > >> > > > Now what do we
  do??> > > > don ewers> > > >> > >
  > ----- Original Message -----> > > > From: "John Nelson"
  <trader@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> > > > To:
  <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> > > > Sent: Monday,
  November 26, 2001 1:10 PM> > > > Subject: RE: [RT] VIRUS
  WARNING> > > >> > > >> > > >
  href="http://biz.yahoo.com/rf/011126/n26355186_2.html";>http://biz.yahoo.com/rf/011126/n26355186_2.html>
  Message-----> > > > >   From: I4Lothian@xxxxxxx
  [mailto:I4Lothian@xxxxxxx]> > > > >   Sent:
  Monday, November 26, 2001 2:05 PM> > > > >   To:
  realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> > > > >   Subject:
  Re: [RT] VIRUS WARNING> > > > >> > > >
  a MP3.pif name on it with some> > other> > > > >
  name before the MP3 part.  I also received another .pif file 5>
  minutes> > > > > before from someone else with an MP3.pif
  component on it.> > > > >> > > >
  >   Looks like the title of the file may morph.> > >
  involves financial risk, lots of it!> > > > >> >
  Standard Time,> > > > > eadamy@xxxxxxxxxx writes:>

> [...]
  HAMSTER.DOC.pif. I've noticed that a number of> virus'> >
  > are> > > > > now> > > >
  >     using double dot file names, quite likely to fool
  the unwary> into> > > > > opening> > >
  > >     the file based on the "first
  extension".> > > > >> > > >
  >     Earl> > > > >> >
  > > >> > > > >> > > >
  >         Yahoo! Groups

  ADVERTISEMENT> > > > >> > > > >>

  to:> > > > realtraders-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

  href="http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/";>http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>

  group, send an email to:> > > >

  an email to:> > > realtraders-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  Yahoo! Groups is subject to> <A
  href="http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/";>http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>

  to:> > > realtraders-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> >
  Groups is subject to> <A
  href="http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/";>http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>

  > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:> >
  realtraders-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> >> >>
  >> > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to<A
  href="http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/";>http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>
  from this group, send an email to:>
  realtraders-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>>> Your
  use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to <A