Re: [RT] VIRUS WARNING

Peter, et all
Thanks for the "House Call" site.  Interestingly when I went there and
scanned my computer nothing was found too?

I then read the file under the "Virus Info tab" for the "WORM_BADTRANS.B
(click on it) and did the search they recommended under the solution (I
could not get %System%\CP_25389.NLS to run but just CP_25389>NLS did find a
file).  I deleted it as instructed, as well as the file under regedit they
recommend then restarted the computer.

I then went back in and ran the free scan and "this time" five WORM_BADTRAN
files were found which I deleted (not sure why they did not show the first
time, perhaps the NLS file covers them up)?

It now says I am Virus free.  I like Earl do not run anti-virus software due
to the problems I have had with it slowing down the PC's substantially.  I
too am extremely carefull about what I open.  As mentioned on the yahoo post
on this worm it opens itself.  I did however discover my OE5 was "not" set
to the highest setting under Tool >Option>Security as I thought it was and
that has been corrected (Earl's advice several times to this list) which he
feels would have stopped it I believe (correct me if I am wrong Earl, it did
stop it on yours)?

It might be helpful if all on the list search for the above file and if
found go through the process or update their virus software.

One other note, Lee the  !0000 did not stop the spread, I understand, so not
a cure-all?

My guess it came from that early email BL and Clyde saw a virus on?  Problem
being there is no way to delete it since it opens as soon as the message is
tabbed down to.
don ewers