[RT] Experience

Eliot,
At 11:23 19/11/01 +0000, you wrote:
   Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2001
11:33:25 -0800
   From: Eliot Kaplan <eliot@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Courses
Howard,
Thanks for contributing your thoughts, they are much
appreciated.
As one who is still a novice, still learning, making many mistakes,

and feeling the internal and external pressure after 3.5 years, your

comments are not only welcome and comforting, but they concur with my

own determination and discipline in forging ahead.  Meanwhile as you

say, the  "naysayers" do their best to derive consolation
for their
own failures in suggesting we quit.
The one thing I would add to what you said is this: We all wish our

trading growth were as clear and directional as a strong upward
trend, instead of rangy sideways action, fits and spurts with
periodic rallies.  In that it often isn't (mine anyway), only we (no

one else) are capable of listening well enough to our inner voice to

know whether there truly is growth and forward movement on our
trading path.
In that I remain inspired, inquisitive, positive, and even confident,

in spite of many setbacks, keeps me going through whatever "rangy

action" my learning curve takes.
Find and hone that voice, and learn to listen to it honestly above
all else. It is an ongoing process, but it is, in the final analysis,

our best friend.
For what it is worth, I took me over 10 years to become an 'overnight
success'!
In the process I have found a large number of ways to lose (for me) and a
small number of ways to win (for me).
Experience is the only real teacher, unless you are a lot wiser than me -
or most people.
In this respect trading is little different from other
activities.
Regards, Ric.
www.traderscalm.com

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor