[RT] GEN OFF TOPIC: AT&T PHONES....

Group:

I have a fairly old (Model 5655) ATT Cordless Digital Answering System
Speakerphone.  I really like the quality and features.  I have spent a lot
of time in an attempt to find a source of product information/knowledge.  In
the old days; one could shop in those AT&T stores where they sold their
phones.  Now, you've got to TRY to find them at any of the numerous retail
outlets; but the selection of phones are minimal.  The ATT website doesn't
appear to be a
viable option; since I cannot access the 'Products/Easy On Line Ordering'
page.  This is like trying to buy a new car without seeing it or driving it.
Has
anyone had a similiar problem and how in the world do they sell their
phones?
Thanks for you patience and any feedback.

Chas