Re: [RT] Digest Number 683

You wrote:
>   Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 15:19:21 -0500
>    From: "Lee Morris" <LMorris@xxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: cleaning computer files
>
>I know this is a little off subject but we as traders must all clean our
>files once in a while.
>
>I need to cleanup my hard drive. I run norton once a week but I was told
>recently that I need to delete some temp files once in a while. BUT WHAT
>FILES.
>
>Does anyone know which files and or dir do I need to clean or delete to
>maintain my machines and increase internet page load times and make room on
>my drive. Also how often should I do this.

I got Window Washer ($30) some time ago to clean up cookies and browser
history (sites visited) files. It also does tmp files as well. I set it up
to run every night in the early am, but you can run it on any interval you
choose.

The program set up provides guidance for many tmp file locations.

See
http://www.webroot.com/washer.htm

StartMeUp jump starts your car's battery
using only the cigarette lighter.
$24.95 at Youcansave.com
http://us.click.yahoo.com/20gskB/LTTDAA/ySSFAA/zMEolB/TM