Re: [RT] Smart money coming in on long side

  • To: realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [RT] Smart money coming in on long side
  • From: "Terry B. Rhodes" <trhodes3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2001 11:18:49 -0800

I believe that either the intermediate term smart money started
leaving the market this week or the options expiration effects
were unusually pronounced. Next week will be telling, but I
strongly suspect the former. Not saying we won't go higher, smart
money seems to lead the market by a few weeks, but I'm a believer
in Ira's longer term bearish scenario until there is some
evidence otherwise.

On the short term positive side, Friday did look technically
strong.

regards,

tbr

>    Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 12:35:36 -0500
> Subject: Re: 9-11 didn't exist
>
> I'm sure much of the rally has been short covering.  But, I also feel smart money is coming in on the long side.  Anyone who recognized the bubble of 2000 and went to cash or short is in an excellent position to get long now.  I believe most of the "weak hands" have folded.    Many of my acquaintances who know I follow the markets closely have recently confided in me that they have "finally given up on XYZ" (add your favorite here).
>
> To me this is almost as good a sign as having a bear on the cover of Time magazine.
>
> Good luck and good trading,
>
> Ray Raffurty

Universal Inkjet Refill Kit $29.95
Refill any ink cartridge for less!