[RT] 9-11 didn't exist

9-11 DIDN"T EXIST!!!  It was a giant
consperancy perpertrated by the airline industre to receive huge government
bail outs.  In fact the films everyone thinks they saw where created in a
Hollywood computer animation lab (the same as the films of the moon landings
where).

OK, now that I've got your attention, what I mean
to say is that from a charting / technical analysis point of view perhaps all
data between 9/11/01 and today 11/13/01 should be deleted.

I hope everyone had the courage and means to go
long (almost anything)  shortly after the market reopened following the
tragedy of 9-11, but where do we go from here now that many stocks and the
market in general is back to pre 9-11 levels?  I believe most standard
indicators whether price based or volume base are drastically skewed due to 9-11
and the market's recovery.  This is most apparent on daily charts of 6
month duration or less (see pic 1)

One way to accomplish this would be to back up the
time frame, say to 1 year or longer (pic 2).  The problem here is that this
may not represent everyone's style of trading.

My hypothesis is that all data between 9/11/01 and
11/13/01(and perhaps even longer as events unfold) should be
deleted.  Unfortunately I do not have the means to do this at this
time.  However I think it might be an interesting line of research for
a magazine article or even a thesis.  In fact one might extend the
idea to other similar events and develop a trading strategies as the
result.

If nothing else it would make interesting
conversation at your next cocktail party.

Good luck and good trading,

Ray Raffurty

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor