Re: [RT] Realtraders

Sorry, Mark, I have also been a member since near the beginning
(using different email addresses) and I have to disagree with you.
External, indirect events do affect the markets and general
pyschology and I for one, believe it is useful to know about major
events.  While your focus may be price action, others don't
necessarily follow your trading methods.  Yes, many here are more
technical in focus, but TA doesn't provide all the answers.  If it
did, we would all be successful and rich <g>, but I'd be willing to
bet that isn't true.  The basic rul;e is that like a magazine, if
there is something you don't like, then skip over it <shrug>.  Of
course, it would be a lot easier if we had a real web forum with
better software (where you could hide people you didn't want to see
posts from) rather than Yahoo's poor excuse for forum software.

JW

--- In realtraders@xxxx, mark_baze@xxxx wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> Actually, I've been a member of this group since the beginning of
the
> year, I believe, and I have made at least a few posts in the past,
> although certainly not nearly the number you have (my e-mail
address
> can be searched on in the archives of Realtraders which are located
> at www.purebytes.com/cgi-local/swish/swish-cgi.pl).
>
> During that time I've carefully read each and every post to this
> list, including a good portion of the posts in the archives from
> years past, and I am very appreciative for the great majority of
what
> people have to say, with the exception of the series of posts I
felt
> compelled to finally write about.  Since my bent is more mechanical
> system trading (and coding of the same), I'm not the prolific and
> capable chartist-analyst that so many of the people here are, with
> their often remarkable abilities to ascertain support and
resistance
> areas, turning points based on time and Elliott wave structure and
> the like, and so I usually don't feel like any contribution that I
> could make would be up to the level of the other posters, and would
> be more of a guess than anything else.
>
> (For example, I felt that there was a 50:50 chance that the
formation
> that completed yesterday in the broader market could have been
viewed
> as either a descending triangle with the potential to break to the
> downside, or as a bullish flag/pennant apparent on multiple
> timeframes with the potential to break to the upside;  similarly,
> from a longer term point of view, I think there are about equal
odds
> of the market having now put in the final bottom already, based on
> the very strong "V-type" pattern that in other market time periods
> has successfully continued to move to the upside without a retest,
> versus the market having to in fact do a retest of the low made
after
> the attack and basically do a little more "shaking out."  Not very
> useful, I'm afraid.)
>
> With the foregoing in mind, to a certain extent then I view this
> group as somewhat similar to a magazine to be read, as I'm sure
many
> others do as well - judging from the fact that there are 780
members
> in the list and obviously not all of them are posting.  As such, I
> suppose I was making something akin to a "letter to the editor."
It
> is apparently your opinion that nothing Dorothy has done has been
out
> of line.  I take a much different view, and I'm sure that there
must
> be at least some others who feel the same way . . . assuming that
not
> everyone is a chronically long-term bear, that is.  :)
>
> Mark
> --- In realtraders@xxxx, "Michael Ferguson" <wl7bdn@xxxx> wrote:
> > Dorothy,
> >
> > I don't know where Mark came from, I have been on this list and
its
> > predecessors for several years and have never seen a post from
him
> til
> > today. It is pretty safe to ignore him. The REAL traders will
> certainly let
> > you know if you are REALly out of line. :-)
> >
> > Michael

Protect your servers with 128-bit SSL encryption! Grab your copy of VeriSign's FREE guide: "Securing Your Website for business" Get it Now!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/M.WTOC/m1FDAA/cosFAA/zMEolB/TM