Re: [RT] General - pension fund buy programs

Nothing quite as exciting as a bear market rally.  I remember a day with a 70 point move when the dow was around 600, what happens to the bears
if you have the same percentage move today, and how many points are you looking at?  Today was only a blip.  Everything has to be put into
perspective.  Ira

BobR wrote:

> What is the truth of the rumor that it was a pension plan buy program that
> set the ball rolling today?  From all the stuff I look at the timing seems
> to be a bit premature for that.  I like Earl's explanation of "Exchange
> Stabilization Fund", but there might be another reason.  Perhaps a few weeks
> from now today's move might reflect the movement of a country's treasury
> running to safety.  Its been made public that the Saudi Prince has been
> buying AAPL again.  Its one of his favorite trading vehicles, in below 20
> out above 40, etc. over and over again.  A move like today should have had
> bigger reverberations in the equity options markets, but it didn't appear
> to.  It just really smells like someone is trying to terrorize the bears.
>
> bobr

Protect your servers with 128-bit SSL encryption! Grab your copy of VeriSign's FREE guide: "Securing Your Website for business" Get it Now!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/M.WTOC/m1FDAA/cosFAA/zMEolB/TM