Re: [RT] In positions as a training - VIRUS WARNING

Harry,

Many thanks,  I checked Norton's virus database and came up with the
following.  It looks like anyone with Norton's current AV definitions file
is protected. (maybe)

Regards,
Mike

> As far as I can tell this thing morphs into different attachments.
> So far I found:

> Trojan.PSW.Hooker.f

There is nothing in the Norton data base for this name but a search on PSW
yielded the following
http://search.symantec.com/custom/us/query.html
and a search on Hooker yielded
http://search.symantec.com/custom/us/query.html

> PE_MAGISTR.B

A search on magistr in Norton's database gives the following.
http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.badtrans.13312@xxxxxxxxxxx://
www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.magistr.24876@xxxxxxx

W32.Magistr.24876@xx is a virus that has email worm capability. It is also
network aware. It infects Windows Portable Executable (PE) files, with the
exception of .dll system files, and sends email messages to addresses that
it gathers from the Outlook/Outlook Express mail folders (.dbx, .mbx), the
sent items file from Netscape, and Windows address books (.wab), which are
used by mail clients such as Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Outlook
Express,. The email message may have up to two attachments, and it has a
randomly generated subject line and message body.

Also Known As: I-Worm.Magistr, PE_MAGISTR.A, W32.Magistr@xx,
W32.Magistr.24876.int, W32/Disemboweler, W32.Magistr.corrupt, W32/Magistr-A

> Troj_BADTRANS.A

http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.badtrans.13312@xxxxxxx

> This is being e-mailed on my dial-up machine which is not infected.
> Harry

Protect your servers with 128-bit SSL encryption! Grab your copy of VeriSign's FREE guide: "Securing Your Website for business" Get it Now!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/M.WTOC/m1FDAA/cosFAA/zMEolB/TM