  To: <A
  href="mailto:realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";
  title=realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Saturday, September 22, 2001 12:16
  AM
  Subject: Re: [RT] MKT - DJIA possible
  comparison
  Just one more thought on whether we are entering a period of
  stagnation. I heard today that the market lost $1.2 trillion dollars this week
  alone. That's a lot of 'wampum' to deflate the economy. On a similar note, the
  markets around the world are also experiencing similar declines, so the
  deflationary effect is magnified by a much larger magnitude.
  Ralph
  Tony Pylypuk wrote:

    Clyde Lee wrote: <FONT
    face="Times New Roman">"Are we getting ready to go into a stagnation period
    as we did from 1965 until 1982. Has
    this "bubble" and now the terrorist attack hit us hard enough to cause our
    economy to stagnate for 15 to 20 years???" <FONT
    face="Times New Roman">That certainly seems possible.  As I have noted
    previously, since 1929 we seem to have alternated between 15 year
    contractions and 20 year expansions.  Attached is the INDU chart posted
    two weeks ago, updated for subsequent trading. <FONT
    face="Times New Roman">Regards, <FONT
    face="Times New Roman">TonyTo

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

face=arial
size=-2>ADVERTISEMENT Height: 345678ft 01234567891011inWeight: