Re: [RT] Re: President Bush

Me: you're a lengthy writer but you make no sense. Let me critique most of
your points.

As for you voting for whomever you think will be the best person for the
office at the time, why don't you concede that you'll vote for whomever the
media brainwashes you to vote for, which is usually a Democrat. You also
criticized Bush's speech when nearly everyone praised both the substance and
its careful delivery, but I guess YOU know better.

As for use of "I" and "we," the President was careful and smart enough to say
"I" when he was doing something; such as constructing a new cabinet position;
and "we" when all American were involved in getting a job done. The use of
"I" is not to brag but to assume responsibility. As for "we," some American
will be called on to go to Afgan to clean house and those of us who stay
behind will have to do whatever we do best to ensure the strength of our
economy.

One major confusion you're also having is local terrorism vs global
terrorism. What's going on in Israel and Ireland is local  terrorism. What we
and the Europeans are experiencing is global  terrorism. When the new Bush
administration attempted to put the lid on Israel, the hope was to contain
this barbarism and give the new administration time to develop workable
solutions. As we have seen, it is now too late for that -- the pit bull is no
longer fensed in. Terrorism has successfully gone global and now threatens
all freedom loving people.

Let me also educate you on some history. Reagan did fight terrorism even
thought the gang of Dems in Congress did everything they could to stop him.
Don't you remember the Cuban zealots who were setting up terrorist cells all
over South America? Don't you remember the Sandinista guerrillas? Reagan kept
South American free and should largely get credit for the collapse of the
USSR. As for Bush senior, he was only in for four years, but don't you
remember the Iraq war? My, what a short memory you have? That was a  major
intervention to curtail an overt terrorist nation. Do you remember how the
Dems in Congress first fought Bush senior and refused to vote in support of
intervention? Do you remember how he had to get world opinion to twist the
Dems arms in Congress to finally get approval to do what was needed? I'm
sorry to say, you don't have your facts straight on these issues.

As for taking action now in light of the WTC destruction, it has nothing to
do with patriotism, as you have said. To the point, it has everything to do
with protecting freedom, free trade, and to secure our safety. These are all
essential factors to improve the plight of people worldwide, which is not
what these fanatics have in mind. As for invading Afgan and bombing it to
hell -- I don't think so. Have you seen the videos of the Afgan people? They
are really primitive and destitute. Let me provide an analogy of our action,
as I see it. If there's a criminal in the getto, do we bomb the hell out of a
getto to get him? No! We just go in with some force and take him out! That's
all!

On a final note, it isn't Bush's plan to go after every terrorist. You didn't
listen to his wording. He said he would go after those terrorists with global
ambitions. If they can be taken out, then the local thugs my atrophy without
international support -- as we can all hope.

Ralph

FREE COLLEGE MONEY
CLICK HERE to search
600,000 scholarships!