Re: [RT] DJIA & SPX Key Levels and Long Term Forecasts - NW

There is another possibility regarding the lack of success of foreign
investors in American securities - namely, that the knowledge of domestic
markets which is possessed by foreign investors is often time-delayed and
culturally decayed.  Although some active traders and sophisticated
investors can, regardless of where they are located, trade and/or invest
with success any where in the world, non-professionals are generally
hampered by lack of sufficient access to market related news in the target
market and by being physically and culturally removed from that market.
Even the wealthiest can fall into this trap, as is evidenced by the forays
of the Japanese in the 1980's into the American markets and their subsequent
retreat with devastating losses in the 1990's.

The disconnect is no doubt compounded by the intercession of a broker who,
in the pursuit of commissions, may not recognize the limitations of his or
her ability in foreign markets.

All of which may result in the truth of Ralph Volpe's comment of buying high
and selling low.

FWIW

Regards,

Tony