Re: [RT] Nasdaq

Earl:

Also remember the NY Fed chairman was an exec at a huge FX trading
institution for many years and had hands-on experience during the Plaza
accord and subsequent large-scale FX and bond market interventions.
Greenspan no doubt has at least a 25 basis point cut "in his pocket" for
any market event he chooses to spring it on, so I would not be surprised to
see more intervention in the index market and perhaps a surprise rate
change if things got even more ugly.

Good trading, folks.

Tim Morge

At 09:45 AM 9/7/2001 -0600, you wrote:
>One other comment ... they came in and bought ND futures at 134150 and that
>turned and led the SP futures up. For those who believe in intervention (I
>do) this was a very logical strategy to slow the decline.
>
>Earl

Monitoring Service trial
http://us.click.yahoo.com/MDsVHB/bQ8CAA/ySSFAA/zMEolB/TM