[RT] Brokerage America

Howdy:

Has anyone had or know of anyone who has had experience with Brokerage
America?  They are the ones (one of three by my last count) who charge zero
for market orders, and $5 for stop, limit and the rest.  I've tried to find
some financial info on them on their web site, but have been unable.  Look
at site at:

www.brokerageamerica.com

An interesting concept as they take the bid ask spread and seem to think
that is sufficient.  While they say they are just market makers, I
personally have difficulty understanding the difference between them and a
regular broker, except for advice, etc.

Anyway, I'd be interested in comments about them or other "market makers"
doing the same thing.

Thanks,
Dave