Re: [RT] Rib system *** Not related to Trading***

I will try some of that sugar mix.  What else might one add to that basic
mix?
Now what kind of wood do you use to
smoke with up in Alaska.  Alder?

> While on the subject, if not the topic, here is one Juneau fish smokers
> secret brine recipe:
>
> In 5 gallons of water dissolve 2#s noniodized salt and 3#s sugar.
> Cut fish or meat into chunks and soak over night, or for a week,
depending.
> Rinse under running water until saltiness is ameliorated.
> Smoke. Commercially they raise the temp to 165 degrees F.
> Locals have more secret recipes and the real delicacy is cold smoked
salmon.

What
>     do with a small batch for the Weber is this:
>     A regular Webber might cook a whole package of ribs, maybe 1 and a
half.

>     I have two small stainless steel bowls that I fill with water, just
> beneath
>     the brim.  I start my coals and then place them snug, on one side of
the
>     Weber,  I take about a 20" length of aluminum foil, fold in half
length
>     wise. I place this foil so that it will be between the ribs and the
> coals,
>     yet leave a kind of opening on the top to heat the bowls of water, and
> as a
>     place to put the overnight water-soaked mesquite wood for smoke.
>
>     Then I place the grill on the Weber, throw on some wood chips, put the
> bowls
>     on top of the grill directly over the coals, put the ribs on and ..
>     let them cook.  I watch to make sure the smoke is coming out of the
> Weber at
>     all times, so it means putting on wood chips about every half hour or
> so.
>     Usually, this takes about 2 hours to cook.  regulate your heat by how
> many
>     coals you initially put on..
>     If you have a smoker, I smoke them for about 8 hours..
>
>     Don

>     Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

Small business owners...
Tell us what you think!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/vO1FAB/txzCAA/ySSFAA/zMEolB/TM