Re: [RT] Fri aftn-Market Profile.

I'm no expert on this stuff.  I day trade the spoos and look where the open
in the pit session is relative to the previous days value and relative to
the previous days range.  Two of Dalton's main points is that the purpose of
any market is to facilate trade and prices are searching out areas of high
volume or the value area.

The other point that he made was about market participants with different
timeframe perspectives. Within the value area you have a lot of short term
traders buying support and selling resistance once you break out side of the
value area then longer term traders are responsible for price direction
until you start forming a new value area i.e. short term trading range.

Another thing he point out is the first hour range.  If the range is very
narrow in the first hour look for range expansion and if the first hour's
range is very wide look for an inside day.  The analogy he uses is that of a
pyramid vs the shape of the daily market profile.  If the base of a pyramid
or triangle is narrow than it is less stable than a pyramid with a wide base
or foundation.

I've attached last week SP Profile for the full size contract.  The black
vertical line represents the first hours range, the O is the open, and the
small red triangle is the close.

I don't know if anything I've said helps at all but MP does help give me a
feel for the market and has help me understand price movement better.

Good trading,
Howard

Small business owners...
Tell us what you think!