Re: [RT] the perfect stop loss

make the stop closer{tighter)  by the DECREASE in percentage in volatility

If you use Average True Range to set your stops they will automatically
contract and expand with the changes in volatility.  If you want them to
contract and expand as you described in your original message use a short
period (5 days) to calculate the ATR.

I have written several educational Bulletins about using ATR for stops.
These Bulletins are free and can be found at
http://www.traderclub.com/discus/board.html

In fact, the most recent Bulletin (#47) is about a new exit I call the ATR
Ratchet.

Hope this helps.

Chuck LeBeau
www.traderclub.com  (membership is free)