How about:

Vol3 = Volatility(3)[1];
Vol5 =  Volatility(5)[1];
Vol8 =  Volatility(8)[1];

IncreaseInVol = Vol3 - Vol8;
PctIncrease = IncreaseInVol / Vol8;

If Vol3 Crosses Above Vol5 And
   Vol3 > Vol8 Then
    NewStop = CurrentStop - CurrentStop * PctIncrease;

DecreaseInVol = Vol8 - Vol3;
PctDecrease = DecreaseInVol / Vol8;

If Vol3 Crosses Below Vol5 And
   Vol3 < Vol8 Then
    NewStop = CurrentStop + CurrentStop * PctDecrease;

Chris

profitok wrote:

> For years I have been dreaming about the optimum  stop loss if one can
> program in  Ts  or in excel   the following when  the 3 day
> volatility   increase above  the 5 and 8 day volatility  increase  the
> stop loss  by the  INCREASE percentage, and when  volatility decrease
> on the last 3 days to be LESS then the 5 and 8 day  make the stop
> closer{tighter)  by the DECREASE in percentage in volatility (a
> project for a weekend? nice weekendBen

Small business owners...
Tell us what you think!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/vO1FAB/txzCAA/ySSFAA/zMEolB/TM