Re: [RT] Fri aftn

Howard,
Would you mind taking just a few minutes to help me understand exactly
what you're saying:

At 12:07 PM 7/28/2001, you wrote:
>RT's;
>
>I think time of day is one of the most critical elements of finding good
>trades in the SPoo's.  The liquidity is there in the first hour and 1/2 and

So... you're saying trade from: 7:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. MST?  Then take
a break.

>ususally the pit starts filling in again around 2 to 2:30 est.

Then trade from 11:00 or 11:30 a.m. MST... but til when?  Close?

>I used to sit there ALL day watching the market.  I felt I MUST put in a
>"full" day.  An very successful experienced trader pointed out the problem
>with this compulsion... boredom (leading to initiating trades that shouldn't
>be taken for the reason of "If I'm sitting here I should be trading")
>burnout (reducing concentration levels during times of day when you should
>be most focused), and frustration  (caused by watching random moves/trends
>that you miss but don't fit your trade criteria to begin with).

Excellent advice... but I'd like more clarity about WHEN you trade the Spoos.

>I also believe that Market Profile helps in identifying the type of day from
>the opening tick through watching the development of value areas and daily
>range.

What is "Market Profile" and where can I learn to use it?

>Howard

For what it's worth, I've attached a Word 97 document that contains jpegs
of an article that recently ran in active trader magazine.  It's called
"Putting
Time On Your Side".  I found it more confusing than helpful.  He divides the
day into "red zones", "yellow zones", and "green zones".... which works
for me... but then he divides them all into 14 different zones, all spread
throughout the day.

Anyway... I want to thank you again for telling me about Patrick Spears.
I've had a very, very positive experience with his brokerage firm since I
switched to them.

I am extremely grateful to you for hooking me up with such a great broker!
I love it!

Warmly,
Brian Keith Voiles

Small business owners...