[RT] Fwd: [graintrader] Beans

Lenny

To: graintrader@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [graintrader] Beans
From: ROSOW@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 23:31:14 EDT
Full-name: ROSOW
Scott,
    Getting a little tired so I'll be quick here. Below would be entry & stop
loss points on a 60 minute chart.

1) If you have GET then you're familiar with the Regression Trend Channels. I
have drawn a RTC on the 60 minute chart from the 538 top to the 494 bottom.
Notice the 0.965 # at the top of the channel. That's a Pearsons R reading of
0.965. As the Pearson's R value gets closer to the value of 1, this means the
calculated trend line is matching the actual value of the data. This means
that the regression line is "fitting" the trend very well. Once you have a
close outside of the RTC you put in a buy stop 1 tick above the high of that
bar. In this case 1 tick above 504 1/2.

2) I have also put up a set of 6/4 moving average lines. One is a 6 period MA
offset by 4 of the highs (Blue) the other a 6 period MA offset by 4 of the
lows (Red). A stop loss can be set 1 tick below the Red 6/4 MA line. If the
buy stop is triggered in the first hour then 1 tick below 499 1/8 would be
your initial stop loss. This is a moving stop loss line so one would have to
trail the stop as each hour goes by.

That's all for now! Hope this made some sense : >)

Lenny