Re: [RT] Intra-day market activity

Steve:

It's not a dumb question. You end up with 10 bars or candles that are equal
in length. Those are also representative of trading while the cash market
was open. You have one 15 minute bar or candle that is the residual time
left while futures traders and pit traders/brokers flatten or square up or
adjust their positions.

No time period is perfect. I find the bars that represent the cash
effectively useful. I also chart 13 minute bars and 78 minute bars on futures.

If you look at it from the reverse side...normal time frames do not
consider the cash period and its importance.

You can always chart 15 minute periods and 30 minute periods, like everyone
else, if that suits your trading style.

Best,

Tim Morge