Re: [RT] Leverage Capital in Soybeans

John, you sound like a true bean counter.  I keep my money in money
markets and use a small portion (risk capital) to trade.  If I want
to own bonds, I can keep the money in a money market account and buy
bond futures.  In fact I can leverage at the implied repo rate which
is far lower than my money market account return.  The futures market
is far more liquid than trying to buy/sell cash bonds through a
broker.  The bid/offer is tighter, the commissions are far cheaper
and I can pretty much guarantee myself instat fills.  You may think
futures is inappropriate as an investment vehicle but there are valid
reasons which make it far safer than certain cash instruments such as
tech stocks.