Re: [RT] Leverage Capital in Soybeans

In a message dated 7/17/2001 8:03:22 AM Central Daylight Time,
joeduffy@xxxxxxxxx writes:

<< John, the comments below are ridiculous. Nothing but the product of the
make
 work projects to justify there oversized existence at the CFTC. Its not
 political correctness, its commodity correctness. Lose money, the CFTC
 provides the perfect out, the ability to blame someone else. Who? Wait, we
 will find someone. I watched the 2o/20 on what the SEC did to that 16 year
 old kid the other day, and your "government" is out of control. >>

***** Joe:

Unfortunately that is the world we live in.  But regardless of what the CFTC,
CEA, NFA or CFMA say, I know that futures trading is not appropriate for
everyone.  I don't need any laws or regulations to tell me that.

And certainly the CFTC goes out of its way to make that known.  Personally, I
don't have a problem with that.  Futures trading is not for everyone.  The
money put into futures speculation should be risk capital.  And if some
industry professional, registered or not, is espousing putting unqualified
persons into futures speculation then there ought to be recourse for those
people.

I would like to assume that people know better.  However, history teaches us
that this is not the case in too many cases.

I respect your right to your opinion, though we differ.

Regards,

John J. Lothian

Disclosure: Futures trading involves financial risk, lots of it!  John J.
Lothian is the President of the Electronic Trading Division of The Price
Futures Group, Inc., an Introducing Broker.