Re: [RT] Oct Cotton

Prosper wrote:

> How about sending the .gifs one at a time.

What are the problems with uncompressing zip files?  Tell me what
I'm missing in the following description of steps to follow.

There are programs out there that can simply open a zip file
and tell you what's in it without decompressing it.  Even the
ancient pkzip for DOS had such an option.  Some of these, maybe
all, can also open a self extracting zip (.exe) if it really is
self extracting and not some other executable.

Once the zip file is open in your favorite decompression program,
if the contents appear to be what has been promised e.g. gif and/or
jpeg images, etc., then go ahead and do the extraction.

Then to further make sure a *.gif file is really a gif file, don't
double click it in Windows Explorer.  Instead drag it from Explorer
to an open browser window.  If it's a real gif file, it will display.
If not, then you'll get an error message from the browser.

OK, educate me on what I'm missing.  I don't need a virus anymore
than you.

Rod