From: <l1l2l3l4l5@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, June 08, 2001 12:51 PM
Subject: Re: [RT] A Bollinger Band diary---add an idea or two:

> On Tue, 05 June 2001, Ron Cernokus wrote:
> >

> > l1l2l3l4l5@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > >
> > >      Bollinger Bands---offer your tips:                 For me this is
purely educational ;  HOWEVER, I thought I would post it for everyone's
benefit if in due time we get several respondents who can offer some real
genuinely true to life tips:(No liars please). I'll start off with tip#1 and
tip#2 and if anyone disagrees,feel free to correct me;however, these first 2
tips are not of my own originality but come from literature that I read and
have personally observed by playing around with metastock. thanks,Len. HERE
WE GO:                  TIP#1=Bollinger Bands seem to give some excellent
signals when used on weekly charts.
TIP#2=When price crosses a band and then seems to start going in the
opposite direction,this is possibly a position that is worth taking if your
weekly chart and your daily chart seem to be giving the same
message---"alignment/integration of time frames."   Please add on
> > > tip#3,etc.
> > on one min. SP1M or ES1M a spike clearly through the top or bottom band
> > is very often the end of the move and can be faded if other indicators
> > in your tool box give support.  Got this from a site of an ex marine
> > demolition guy forgot the location.  He called this the Nail in the
> > coffin........................................
> > >
>         In reply,   Ron thanks for sharing that insight.I hope others will
add to this.I thought I would retitle this post as a "Bollinger Band
diary--add an idea or two:"----Having said this I will add two ideas today
which are in addition to the 3 ideas(formerly called "tips" but now called
"ideas") for some dumb reason or other:  Here Are Ideas #4 and #5 for
today's diary--------Idea #4=from a well known trader is:Major market moves
tend to erupt from narrow Bollinger bases signifying a potential transition
from quiet to active market phases.                          Idea#5=When
prices drop out of a very narrow B.Band,they may give a signal to go
short.AND,when these prices pull back to their channel from the outside,it
may be a good time to close out positions.    For the consideration of
others on this forum,if someone replies/adds to this/these posts,if all you
want to do is add an idea you probably won't need to put all the original
posts with it-just a thought.    Someone/anyone add on
Disclaimer:Every word on this/these e-mails is/are for purely educational
entertainment only.Do not use it in real trading!