Re[6]: [RT] HOW UNFORTUNATE

On Saturday, June 02, 2001, 11:16:27 PM, delta88343@xxxxxxx wrote:

>> But given my original (fictional) supposition, which would you
>> choose?

dac> You stated if I'm not mistaken (don't have original post) that the system
dac> with 50% correlation made more money---that's what we're here for, but I
dac> would think that--that with 99% price correlation would have greater success.

That would be my choice too. We seem to agree that good stats might be
important.

dac> It is the movement of (future) price we're trying to determine. Yet one
dac> cannot simply and blindy trade a simple moving average. That would maintain
dac> perfect price correlation would it not?

Not perfect, but good. That is, in part, why people use them. :-)
However, even though it might have good stats, trading only ONE ma is
not likely to give good results. As I said, analysis and trade sims
are different animals. I was suggesting that assembling a system from
a group of items with good stats is likely to produce better results
than a system composed of items with poor stats. Would you agree?

ztrader