Re: Re[6]: [RT] HOW UNFORTUNATE

From: "ztrader" <ztrader@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, June 02, 2001 11:43 PM
Subject: Re[6]: [RT] HOW UNFORTUNATE

> On Saturday, June 02, 2001, 1:55:30 PM, Norman Winski wrote:
>
> NW>   Given the fact that you claim to be so expert at scientific
> NW> statistical analysis, why haven't you performed your desired
> NW> analysis?
>
> Given the lack of a 'scientific' basis, I don't 'believe' in the
> techniques. Why should I spend time looking at things I don't
> 'believe' in?

NW: That's fine, then don't complain if you don't get the scientific proof
you want.

> NW> Why do you always depend on other to do the analysis
> NW> that you say you would like to see?
>
> First, I NEVER depend on others to do my analyses. Your 'always' has
> no basis in fact and is an example of a snide remark that deserves
> correction by you.

NW: Ok, I will retract the "always" and say that based on my observation on
this list,
it is most of the time.

> NW> Why not do your own analysis and share it with us?
>
> True believer A claims to have a great technique.
> Scientist B asks for scientific proof of A's claim.
> It is NOT up to scientist B to validate A's claim - that is A's
> responsibility.
> If you make a claim, you provide the analysis.

NW: First of all, you assume this is a science list which it is not. Trading
is a business. This is a business list.  If the inventor of Coca-Cola were
to say to you, you should try Coca-Cola, it is really a good drink, you
would say, prove it and give me the recipe and ingredients.  The inventor of
Coca-Cola (if he has any brains) would say, not gonna do it, wouldn't be
prudent. If  you wanna crack that code, gonna have to do it yourself.  But,
you are welcome to taste Coca-Cola.

> NW> Take one of the many hypothesis that has been presented, that you
> NW> have challenged on this list, and post the analysis you so long
> NW> desire.
>
> If person A makes a claim, person A should provide the analysis.

NW: Not here. Feel lucky that I am willing to point you in a direction that
I have found to be beneficial .It is up to you to either decide to check it
out or hit delete. There is nothing in it for me to give you the recipe or
the 11 secret herbs and spices. However, being the generous person I am, I
would be willling to advise you if you were willing to do some work in
exchange for the results of your research.

> NW> I eagerly await to be shown the digital light.
>
> So do I. After watching this astro/science discussion come up, in so
> many groups, for so many years, and with not *one* stat confirmation,
> I must conclude that it is not possible to show ANY non-moon astro
> correlation with the market that is statistically valid. I am waiting
> to be proven wrong on this, though.

NW: Bottomline is I don't care if you are convinced or not.  If anyone has
followed some of my forecasts over the four years I have been on this list,
they may recollect that I have a better than  random batting average. If so
inclined, I will gladly help anyone who wants to pursue further studies
along the lines that I utilize.

> Given the lack of stat evidence that it does exist, why should I try
> to prove it to those that make such claims? That is totally backwards.

NW; You're the one that wanted the proof.  I was convinced 25 years ago
when, after 5 years of research and making money in the stock market, I put
my money down to buy a membership on the Chicago Board Options Exchange
while I was still a senior in college. I guess you could say that the CBOE
was my grad school.

> If you make a claim, you provide the analysis.

NW: I am not making any claims in the sense of a scientific claim. I am
merely sharing some of my observations and experiences related to my
research in the markets. It would be nice if you could do that too. Perhaps
if you didn't spend so much time criticizing others, you would have time to
share some of your own market observations and thoughts?

Best Wishes,

Norman