Re[6]: [RT] HOW UNFORTUNATE

On Saturday, June 02, 2001, 1:55:30 PM, Norman Winski wrote:

NW>   Given the fact that you claim to be so expert at scientific
NW> statistical analysis, why haven't you performed your desired
NW> analysis?

Given the lack of a 'scientific' basis, I don't 'believe' in the
techniques. Why should I spend time looking at things I don't
'believe' in?

NW> Why do you always depend on other to do the analysis
NW> that you say you would like to see?

First, I NEVER depend on others to do my analyses. Your 'always' has
no basis in fact and is an example of a snide remark that deserves
correction by you.

NW> Why not do your own analysis and share it with us?

True believer A claims to have a great technique.
Scientist B asks for scientific proof of A's claim.
It is NOT up to scientist B to validate A's claim - that is A's
responsibility.
If you make a claim, you provide the analysis.

NW> Take one of the many hypothesis that has been presented, that you
NW> have challenged on this list, and post the analysis you so long
NW> desire.

If person A makes a claim, person A should provide the analysis.

NW> I eagerly await to be shown the digital light.

So do I. After watching this astro/science discussion come up, in so
many groups, for so many years, and with not *one* stat confirmation,
I must conclude that it is not possible to show ANY non-moon astro
correlation with the market that is statistically valid. I am waiting
to be proven wrong on this, though.

Given the lack of stat evidence that it does exist, why should I try
to prove it to those that make such claims? That is totally backwards.

If you make a claim, you provide the analysis.

ztrader