[RT] Virus alert - help needed

A few minutes ago my desktop computer was infected by an e-mail virus known
as "
"VBS/SST.gen@xx virus" it is contained in a file  "homepage.HTML.vbs" and it
is commonly known as the "HomepageVirus".  The virus has already sent a
message to everyone in my address book telling them to "Check out this
homepage.  Pretty cool!" and I have unknowingly infected many friends and
associates.

I have been paying money to McAfee Online for a supposed state of the art
virus protection product that is updated almost every day but somehow this
virus slipped by.  Very disappointing.  This is the first time I have been
infected with any virus because I am very careful.  I was able to get the
info above only after I found out I was infected and had already sent the
virus to everyone else in my desktop address book.

Any info about what else this virus might do to my computer and how to get
rid of it would be appreciated.  I am not a computer wizard so even the most
basic advice would be helpful.

Fortunately I monitor this realtraders list from my laptop which has not been
infected.

Chuck LeBeau

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor