Re: [RT] Fw: Nov. Beans

From: "Don Ewers" <dbewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Real Traders" <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2001 7:50 PM
Subject: [RT] Fw: Nov. Beans

> Norm,
> FWIW the following is something I sent to a friend this past weekend on
> beans (if he wants to share his reply, it is up to him though). It was for
> the "new crop" Nov. beans but the charts are very similiar as far as the
> point being made, or better said suggested.
>
> Also last year this trade did not work (Mercury retrograde stuff).  I know
> took it long 4.80 area (on a what the heck trade) and it was only briefly
> profitable, then they headed south as I recall, can you confirm?

NW: Do you have a date for your Merc. Retro 480 trade?

 But I
> think on that one you were looking for a rally though, which is different
> than your statement that "Mercury retro is normally a high" so maybe you
can
> clarify this a bit (call me cosmically confused here I guess)?

NW: Anecdotally speaking, I would say that 70% of  Mercury Retro were highs.
The key thing to remember is that Mercury Retro works about 70-80% of the
time for a change in trend. The best trade setup is where the market is
overextended via a big move or the market being near long term highs or
lows. If the market is in the middle and trading sideways, it may not work.
One should think of the planetary energies as the straw that breaks the
camels back or the match that lights the
keg of diynamite. The right conditions much be in place for it to work.

 I hope that helped?

Thanks for your input,

 /\/
\/\/.