From: "Don Thompson" <detomps@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2001 1:55 AM
Subject: Re: [RT] Re: MKT - OEX

Don,
What you explained makes pretty good sense,  Thanks for showing me that
distinction.
I haven't even considered the bull or bear trend idea, never occured to me.
I am near sighted that way.

It is interesting since the other information I have if it gaps up tomorrow
is that it is highly
unlikely for it to make a high above the Wednesdays high.  WHile the gap
down open has a fairly
high probability for making a lower low.

so... :) how do you define a bear trend?  Do you do this on a weekly basis
or on a swing basis?  I honestly don't know how to define that, since I
probably
mistakenly think that any day could be the start of a new trend.  I know
Miner and
Gilmore will define the past in terms of a 10% filter or more. I even thing
Livermore
had a method something like bull and bear swings.

Thanks again.

Don Thompson