[RT] Forum etiquette

Recently, we have had a good increase in the number of messages
posted to the forum, which is healthy to create conversation and
thoughts being exchanged.

However, in the interest of the other members time to read these
posts, we would like to remind the members of a couple of items that
would be very helpful to abide by.

First, please avoid responding back to the group with a one sentence
reply for something that should be sent privately to an individual.
Posts stating "Thanks" or "Good to know" or "I appreciate your help"
can and should be sent only to the person you are responding to. You
can use the "reply to" option on your email software instead
of "reply to all" which will send it to the individual AND the forum.

Also, in the interest of those who receive the messages in digest
mode, we ask that when you reply to a thread, please trim off any
excess message text that does not need to be included to understand
your response. After a thread has several replies, the size of an
individual reply gets larger and larger and is cumbersome to continue
to skip past to read the next message, especially in digest mode.
Several members have complained about this, and it is in the best
interest of the forum to try and keep the message length down.

We also remind members to keep the focus on trading related
discussions and to avoid posting frivolous messages in the interest
of humor or other intent.

Thank you for your help with these matters and we hope you continue
to enjoy the Realtraders forum.

RT Moderators