Re[2]: [RT] The moon cycle - how strong?

On Sunday, April 29, 2001, 10:32:09 AM, Norman Winski wrote:

NW>       You bring forward an interesting point.  Has it ever
NW> occurred to you that the option expiration, third Friday of the
NW> month, usually occurs near the day when the Sun changes Zodical
NW> signs?  The last occurance of this was Thursday, March 22 which
NW> was the 1081 low in the S&P 500 Cash.

Are you suggesting this as a signal? If so, how is it calculated?
Let's test it over some period of time and see how well it works.
Since it is only "near", perhaps we can see which one is the best.

NW> Coincidentally, on that
NW> day,  the Sun position was at 1 degree of Aries.  If you cycle out
NW> the cycles of 360 degrees (called Mod360) from 1081 you get 1
NW> degree of Aries. The S&P 500 cash bottomed when it hit the
NW> position of the Sun that day (Gann's 45 degree angle).

Are you suggesting this as a signal? If so, how is it calculated?
Let's test it over some period of time and see how well it works.

NW>    Despite the fact that I posted in early March that I was looking for an
NW> important mid March low (I was early by 3 days) and then a major Spring
NW> rally as indicated by Donald Bradley's Jupiter - Uranus chart published back
NW> in 1948, I am sure this is all a coincidence

Perhaps. How is it determined? A test on data will tell if it is more
than a coincidence, will it not?

NW> and that TradeStation can do a
NW> much better job with its 3 minute bar charts.

I don't see how this is related to the rest of your post.

ztrader