Re: [RT] IB

As a competitor of Bob Martin I would recommend contacting him if you were
interested in using the Leoweb trading platform.  I believe the people
supporting the system can be just as important ( or more ) than the specific
trading platform itself.  I have a lot of respect for Bob and the way he
conducts himself on the net.  That is probably a good indication of the way
he supports his online clients.

Now some of that is a self-serving statement as my team and I support the
online trading platforms of our firm.  But I truly believe quality support
from experienced technologically adept market professionals can add a lot to
the quality of your trading experience.

That being said, there has been a jump to a new generation trading platforms
offering the latest exchange API connections to the electronic markets.
Independent Software Vendor trading interfaces are now available to trade
U.S. and European electronic futures markets and more are on the way.
Trading Technologies, YesTrader and PATS Systems are just three of the ones
that I have examined.  Interactive Brokers kind of falls into this category
as well, although they offer brokerage services as well.

Based on my analysis of traders needs (based on a lot of input from this and
other lists) I recommended my firm, The Price Futures Group, deploy PATS
Systems trading platform.  Our clearing firm decided to take over the deal
from us and now offers PATS Systems JTrader.  So my firm is both a customer
and a competitor of our clearing firm.  But that has always been the case
anyway.

We are now offering PATS System JTrader Java trading platform to clients and
experienced online traders.  There are also other firms which offer PATS as
well, so there is nothing truly unique about the ability to offer the
platform.

The difference is the support that is provided.  Just like Bob Martin
implied.  Pick a trading platform you like, but also search for the best
people you can find offering it.  I believe this is a vital key to the
quality of your overall experience.

Regards,

John J. Lothian

Disclosure: Futures trading involves financial risk, lots of it!  John J.
Lothian is the President of the Electronic Trading Division of The Price
Futures Group, Inc., an Introducing Broker clearing ED&F Man International,
Inc.

In a message dated 3/21/01 3:59:15 PM Central Standard Time,