From: "Stig O" <olausson@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2001 7:12 AM
Subject: Re: [RT] Is the end near - Not for GOLD

> Hi Don,
>
> Just a few comments,
>
> > Stig O.
> > My immediate thought is "gold does not matter any more"  ... right or
wrong?

> Your opinion is as good as mine, but did you check out the links?
> Did you see the comment by Yardeni?
> My point is: Gold DOES matter.
> ALL the big guys follow the price of gold. If it did NOT matter, they
wouldn't follow it.
> Gold is widely followed. What they mean when they say "gold doesn't matter
anymore" is that they don't believe price is going up.
> And they state a reason/opinion (which may be as good/bad as yours/mine)
> So it's just a matter of if it's going up or down like it's been doing for
thousands of years? Nothing has changed.
> Remember what they said about Nasdaq stocks: "This time it's different".
> Price is not going to go down they said then.
> Now we know it did (62% fib at a 1 year aniversary! A break of that
important level will be a bloodbath)
> Same thing with Gold. It will go up when it's time. And in my opinion the
time is now.

> > People still seem to like equities not hard assets?
> You don't have to buy Gold.
> The key would be to buy Goldstocks (the right ones), which gain more than
Gold in bullmarkets. Check the list in the link to Harry Schultz.
> http://www.gold-eagle.com/gold_digest_01/schultz031401.html
>
> >Also someone pointed out recently a big change in the make-up in the XAU
that should not be ignored (?)
> Yes they added Phelps Dodge and it's still a mystery why, even to the
company.
> Even if they changed it I suggest to STUDY the SPECIFIC stocks and let
THEM do the talking.
> We are doing technical analysis, right?
> What I am suggesting, is that the POTENTIAL is greater in gold stocks than
Dow etc. The RISK is not less.

> > I still potentially believe the concern should be massive DEFLATION
(loss of
> > personal "paper wealth") not raging inflation going forward and
therefore
> > gold will not perform as the charts may indicate, barring a complete
> > collapse of the system.
>
> Well, we have make up our minds if we are believing our eyes (charts) or
beliefs/opinions.
> Remember the Experts were talking about the Stockmarket Crash every year
in October since 1987.
> Now we are hearing the same arguments against gold.
> Loss of "paper wealth" ? Wouldn't goldcoins proctect us from that?
>
> Besides, why do people believe charts in relation to Nasdaq/S&P/Dow Jones
stocks, but not in relation to Gold and Gold stocks?
> Bu I must admitt, I don't like chage either. Shift from one group to
another.
> And how do we know we are heading for Deflation. I just read an article in
the Economist where the author asked the question why Japan didn't start
printing money soon to take the country out of their economic misery. To me
that reads inflation. The governents always have the choice between
deflation and inflation at critical points. don't they? And how do we know
where we are heading unless we read the charts right.

> > and therefore gold will not perform as the charts may indicate, barring
a complete  collapse of the system.

> But that's the idea with charts! To find out what's happening. And take
measures to protect us from disaster. The CHARTS don't lie.
> WE do.
> Or we interprete them incorrectly.
> (Just checkf my past posts... <g>)
>
>  my5c