RE: [RT] Re: NDX question/ Nasdaq answer

Thanks
Don.  That is some very nice work.  It would be nice if this is the
low for the bear.  Guess we will know pretty soon.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Jimmy

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Don Ewers
  [mailto:dbewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Friday, March 02, 2001 6:00
  AMTo: realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re: [RT] Re:
  NDX question/ Nasdaq answerJimmy.I went back to
  an old NASDAQ composite chart that is tracking well, so I amreposting it
  and have added some commentary in this leg down which mightcomplete the
  move. The second chart is a blowup of the first to show the"final action
  area" that may unfold.First notice the major wave 4 retracement (blue
  circle July 2000) stoppedexactly at a .618 retracement of major wave 2
  (blue circle March 2000) tomajor wave 3 (blue circle May 2000). Also
  notice it had an ABC structurewhich I prefer to see) as sign we have
  something working here.From there we started out with what has turned
  out to be an "extended wave5" down which the MOB off the previous major
  wave 3 (blue circle May 2000)caught well in price but not in time (black
  vertical bars on that MOB),another sign perhaps that this was going to be
  an extended wave 5 (agrinder).Minor wave 4 of major wave 5 (4:5)
  gave off a "fooler" buy signal buy(January 2001 "January effect") breaking
  the 6/4 ma channels, but "it wasantimatter at the time" that is was
  possibly only a minor wave 4 of majorwave 5 (since no "good" minor wave 4
  had shown itself in this extendedmovement) not a breakout (there is always
  one more drop isn't there for ustraders no matter what the
  commodity?).We are next potentially heading down to the next MOB off
  of the minor wave 3(early January 2001) of major 5 (3:5) which ends in the
  1918 to 1822 areaand the timing marks are 3/7/01 to 3/30/01. Since this
  has been such anextended move I have even thrown in the possibility we may
  get a subminorwave 4 rally of minor 5 of big Wave 5 (blue circle). The
  3/1/01 low possiblywas the end of subminor 3 of minor 5 of major 5
  (3:5:5)perhaps?Anything can happen from here and one needs to be
  careful about trying toget too finite, but this all "bears" watching since
  the count prior to thishas tracked well. We could head down there in a
  hurry (washout) or buyingcomes in and we don't quite get there. Selling
  "some" puts on ones you don'treally mind owning, for the "real" long haul
  might make some sense becausethey all do not bottom on a single day
  normally.The 6/4 ma channels might be a clue on the blow up chart and
  I am listingthe levels below for as many days as the offset show and will
  update ifthings continue to track. Keep in mind you are looking for a
  close above theblue upper ma channel, then the take out of the high of
  that bar. At thatpoint the red ma channel becomes the stop out point. You
  also have theoption if the signal occurs to wait hopefully for a
  retracement which wouldnarrow your stop to the red 6/4 ma channel line. Or
  using the upperregression channel as the signal if there is a close above
  it and a take ofthe high of that bar the following day, a bit more
  "aggressive" approach.Lastly remember they never make it easy, so as
  mentioned above this could bethe last "fooler" a subminor 4 of minor wave
  5 of major 5. If stopped outdon't forget to take the "next signal" also as
  long as this MOB area appearsto be holding. I will take both since there
  is no way of
  telling.Date
  Blue 6/4 ma Channel     Red 6/4 ma
  channel
  Regressionchannel3/2/01
  2353
  225822823/5/01
  2327
  222722503/6/01
  2292
  219522223/7/01
  2264
  21642190We could get a very tradable rally out of here, and as
  always with EW thequestion becomes is this 5 wave sequence the end or just
  the end of big wave3 on the weekly and after a rally, (if it comes) there
  is another leg downor "shoe" to drop so to speak (maybe into August as
  some have suggested),assuming the economy does not recover or the
  perception of one at least, ora double bottom?I hope this helps
  someone, good luck and good trading,don ewers----- Original
  Message -----From: "Jimmy" <jsnowden@xxxxxxxxx>To: "Realtraders"
  <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2001 11:13
  AMSubject: [RT] Re: NDX question> Recent posts didn't see
  much upside to the rally.  What I see on the NDX> chart leads me
  to think we have a better chance of a nice tradable upside> move than
  the continuation of the decline.>> Do any of the Elliott Wave
  technicians see this or is another significant> down move pretty much
  needed?>>> Jimmy>>> To unsubscribe
  from this group, send an email to:>
  realtraders-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>>> Your
  use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to <A