[RT] the new Economy

The money supply is accelerating at a rapid pace.  Interest rates are
falling at a record pace.  they say that inflation is stagnant, yet the
cost of living is accelerating at a rapid pace. There is an increase in
job lay offs and yet there is pricing pressure on wages.  I think the
Fed will soon be caught between a rock and a hard place.

many months ago I gave the bracket for the dow at 10,000 to 11,000.
those parameters seem to be holding.  What can we expect next?  Market
psychology says that the market looks ahead 2 quarters.  the fall in
stock prices that started last March foretold what happened at the end
of the year.  If there is to be a recovery at the end of 2001, then now
is the time for the markets to start to rally.  If this bear is to be
protracted, then look for a fierce short covering rally and then a
blowout to the downside that will cause the die hard, buy the dips,
mentality to give up the ship.

I am not a fundamentalist, but even a technical person has to look at
the underbelly once in a while.  have a good week.  Ira.

eGroups is now Yahoo! Groups
Click here for more details
http://click.egroups.com/1/11231/0/_/152424/_/981509126/