RE: [RT] Re: The Reason for Nasdaq's Temporary Bounce

Guess
you don't have a humble opinion.

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: JHP
  [mailto:jan4123@xxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Wednesday, January 17, 2001 12:18
  PMTo: realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re: [RT] Re: The
  Reason for Nasdaq's Temporary BounceJames,My
  partner and I have tried to figure out what IMHO stands for and wefailed.
  Please explain it ASAP because our nerves are stretched tothe limit
  -:).Thanks,Jan Philipp----- Original Message
  -----From: James Taylor <jptaylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>To:
  <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxx>Sent: Wednesday, January 17, 2001 7:51
  AMSubject: Re: [RT] Re: The Reason for Nasdaq's Temporary
  Bounce> True, nobody knows.  But I think a heck of a lot
  of giddy, dart-throwing> fools lost their shirts,> and
  retirement savings during this recent dive.  The taxi-cab drivers
  that> were offering stock picking advice now have decided that they do
  not liketo> trade stocks anymore.  The line of lemmings to
  sign up for the next run-up> will be much smaller, IMHO.> and
  the fear is in the survivors minds what can happen on the
  downside,and> that seed of fear will turn this upswing to dust
  before this year ends --I> am watching for the next entry
  short.>> JT>> ----- Original Message ----->
  From: "Carl Vanhaesendonck" <carl.vanhaesendonck@xxxxxxxxxx>> To:
  <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxx>> Sent: Wednesday, January 17, 2001 2:02
  AM> Subject: [RT] Re: The Reason for Nasdaq's Temporary
  Bounce>>> > James,> >> > I agree -
  I was not to say that a new bull market was in order. Just> > that
  IMO the bears would be taking a nap for a while. Nobody indeed> >
  can say whether this will be only a upside reaction in a bear market,>
  > or a new bull market.> >> > Carl> >>
  >> > --- In realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxx, "James Taylor"
  <jptaylor@xxxx> wrote:> > > I wouldn't go so far as to say
  a bull market is forming, far from> > it.> > >>
  > > The lemmings that got their lunch eaten by this last decline
  are> > wiped-out,> > > and it will take a hell of a
  long time for the next batch to amass> > enough> > >
  money> > > to form another bull market.> > >>
  > > We are at best, in a bear market up leg.  I wouldn't get to
  excited> > about> > > it, unless you> > >
  are a bear and are waiting to pounce on the next inflection point.>

  > > ----- Original Message -----> > > From: "Carl
  Vanhaesendonck" <carl.vanhaesendonck@xxxx>> > > To:
  <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxx>> > > Sent: Tuesday, January 16,
  2001 2:48 AM> > > Subject: [RT] Re: The Reason for Nasdaq's
  Temporary Bounce> > >> > >> > > >
  Just one comment, I made the following observation re Nasdaq and> >
  > > Volume:> > > > The last months were characterized by
  an inverted volume behavior> > > > (increase in volume when
  prices decreased, and decrease in volume> > > > when prices
  rised. From the 1st trading day this year, this has> > > >
  changed: the volume increased increased and decreased in synch> >
  with> > > > price, which would suggest a bull market is
  emerging.> > > >> > > > With most indicators,
  like MACD, there has been not one, not 2,> > but a> > >
  > triple bullish divergence, which is quite rare and also could>
  > > > indicate the down-up trend reversal has already
  started.> > > >> > > > We will see...>
  <catapult@xxxx> wrote:> > > > > > For me the
  evidence is building that we have a significant> > bottom>
  > > > at least> > > > > > as good as fall
  1999.> > > > >> > > > > Further
  evidence, David Tice was a holiday guest host on CNBC> >
  today> > > > and> > > > > was answering
  questions from little old ladies in investment> > clubs> >
  > > about> > > > > how to short stocks. :-)>
  >   Dennis> > > >> > > >>
  > > > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:> >
  > > realtraders-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx> > > >>

  to:> > realtraders-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx> >>
  this group, send an email to:>
  realtraders-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx>>>>>To