[RT] Re: Options question (buy both a bull and bear spread)

I have spent a good deal of time thinking about the commissions too.
When I started trading I was paying about $85 a round turn and other
brokers were charging more. Now a pay close to $25 a round turn and I
know that some offer lower commissions. However, most brokers that I
have checked out have fees that are tacked on to those low $15
commissions. I pay a few dollars more for a broker I have learned to
trust and get pretty good execution.

Part of my back testing includes commisions so they are figured in
there. Even if I pay $100 for four round turns that is only $15 bucks
more than I was paying my first broker for one round turn. When you
mess up and it costs you $2500, like when I went long on a limit down
day, $100 doesn't sound so bad. My broker is Lind Waldock for those
that would ask. Some hate them, some love them and so forth.

Prosper

--- In realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxx, "Carl  Vanhaesendonck"