Re: [RT] The Reason for Nasdaq's Temporary Bounce

For me the evidence is building that we have a significant bottom at least as
good as fall 1999.

1. The news is close to horrible.  Companies are failing to meet expectations
and down grades are all over the place.  Recession is predicted.  And what are
stocks doing to this news.  They are yawning.  Most important they are not
falling apart as they did some months back.  We had bad news on Intel  and
Hewlett Packard last week.  The price almost did not go down.  (I bought
them.)  If we are going into recession there is no logical way that cyclicals
like Alcoa  Caterpiller  DuPont General Motors  International Paper & 3M are
not falling a part,  unless the bad news is already discounted i.e. the weak
sellers have already sold and the strong buyers are holding tight.

2. The breadth is strong NYSE (Nasdaq a/d is not an indicator).  The a/d line
is actually rising.  New lows are diminishing and new highs are expanding.
That here should be new highs after the Nasdaq has imploded seems close to
impossible.  But it is there in front of our eyes.  There is no prescident
short term for a market falling a part with strong breadth.  The breadth is
being confirmed by the Value line and the Russell 2000.

3.  I realize conventional sentiment indicators are not giving major signals.
It bothers me a great deal that the Investors Intelligence bears have not risen
to extreems.  But the anecdotal evidence in my point one above suggests the
negative sentiment.  Ira Tunick adds below the end of 150 funds.  The inflow of
new money to stock funds is down to a trickle.  The VIX is at an extreem, TRIN
has risen some.

4.  The FED is not hostile and is drifting to friendly.

I suspect the DOW saw its intermediate bottom a few weeks ago and is off to a
10 to 20% rise.

Stuart, NYC