Re: [RT] Options question (buy both a bull and bear spread)

Options are very useful instruments. They can be used alone e.g. buy calls
or puts; in conjunction with stock ,futures, or other entities the can be
used to protect profits, limit losses and many other strategies. I strongly
recommend reading up on options because of the many uses they can be put to.
Regarding the particular example first bear in might  that would have
resulted in  a credit to your account  since the sale of the two options
would be greater than the purchase of the other two. If there a sideway move
let all options expire and you keep the original credit . If a move above
107 or below 105  you can sell all and the gain on the call and/or put
should be greater than the loss on any diferrential move on the put and call
sold. Another thing you can do is to leg out the two winning options on a
swing up and leg out the other two on a downswing. I do not recommend this
because it will leave you with one uncovered option. There are many creative
ways to use options from the simple  to the complex .
P.S. Ira's  post  gave an example of how option use come to you   as your
need for them arises.
Dom                                               ----- Original
Message -----