[RT] VIRUS "W95.Hybris.gen"

Dear Members,

Over the past few months, I've received mail from "hahaha@xxxxxxxxxxx"
Sometimes in the subject heading  it would say "Snowwhite"
It's a "W32.Hybris.gen" virus.

When I did recive these emails, I NEVER OPENED THEM just deleted them.
Because I didn't know who they came from.

"This virus uses the address book as well as scans incoming and out going
mail and http traffic for email address to send a copy of itself to. These
emails the virus sends out use a fake / spoofed FROM: address of
hahaha@xxxxxxxxxxx to hide its tracks.

I didn't think I really had the virus because I never opened the file. But
in fact I do have it. Which also means I could have already pasted it along
to you the members months ago.

I just tonight realized I had it. I set up another cpu and send an email to
test the system from this cpu to the other one. And hahaha showed up.

I tried to install Mc Afee Virus Scan, but my system locked up and had to
remove the virus scan program from my cpu.

The following http://w.f-secure.com/v-descs/hybris.shtml
is supposed to have a virus program to remove the virus.

I can't help but wonder if they started it in the first place, the program
is $125.00

I'm sorry about I didn't know. But I could sure use some help.

In the mean while an idea. Is it possiable for all email from RT to past
throught a virus scan before it gets send out to the members? It's just an
idea.

HELP in the mean while.....

Thanks, Cowboy Bill

Treat yourself: http://www.popcorncowboy.com