Re: [Fwd: Re:[RT] Market - OEX astro]

Thanks for the info Joe.

> Where it gets tricky, and where you really need someone from the CME to tell
> you, and I am not sure they would, is that each firm has one or more servers
> that store that firms order book for globex2. They all connect to the actual
> trade execution platform. Where the tricky part is, is how each server's
> orders are executed as they are sent to the execution platform.

Ah, now that's interesting. Sounds like actual experience is the only
way you can judge the performance of each firm rather than their
representations about which software they are using, etc.

> And to be honest, I think its a red herring.

Apparently not. I don't consider 15 handles of skid, like Rich got, to
be chump change.

> Save a disaster of technology
> malfunction, e-trading is nirvana compared to the pits.

Agreed. No comparison unless you need to move some size.

> I use it extensively
> everyday, and have never had a bad fill.

Ditto. I guess if it ain't broke.....

--
  Dennis