Re: [Fwd: Re:[RT] Market - OEX astro]

  • To: realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re:[RT] Market - OEX astro]
  • From: Ira Tunik <ist@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 09:55:04 -0800

It probably was a good fill.  When the announcement was made, I will bet that the
majority of the traders just stepped aside and withdrew their offers.  Some probably
stepped up and took whatever was in the book and any offers that were near the current
price.  Some probably even went to the options to hedge their positions.  So lag time
is the upstairs trader nemesis again.  You can't assume that you were ripped because
the traders were able to act before your floor broker could even find your order in
his deck along with all the other stops he had.  Just another reason to trade trade
around an option position.  Then your risk is defined and there is no slippage.   How
many calls could you have had for the slippage and after the buy stop was executed,
how much profit would there have been in the calls?  Ira